Friday, August 8, 2008

I failed...

Yeah, I failed once again as a blogger lol. Want my excuse this time? Hopefully you'll feel sorry for me and forgive me. :)

Well vacation was AMAZING!! We stayed in Franklin, TN with Justin's (my husband) grandparents Saturday and Sunday night. We had fun there and hung out with them and got caught up on family gossip lol. We left Monday for Pigeon Forge, which took about 3 hours. We got lost on the way because the lady told us once we took the exit to turn right at light #3 and go 9 miles and we'd be at our cabins. Well she forgot to mention that lights are actually NUMBERED there and she didn't mean the 3rd light, literally. So we took a detour but managed to find our way back. We made it to light #3 and went the correct way.. all the way up a mountain. It took awhile... the longest 9 miles seriously! Our cabin was wonderful though! Totally worth it! Our friends met us there, they were coming from their family in Kentucky so they took longer than we did so we had some alone time in the cabin ;) We stayed there until Friday morning and checked out. We spent all of Friday in town and then made our way home early Saturday morning (about 2 a.m.). We really had such a great time and I hope we get to go back next year.
So... the part that's kept me away... without getting into great detail my husband wanted some time to himself, more or less a separation. He told me this about 4 days after we got back from vacation. I gave him a week and after that's the only conclusion he could come to I came home to MS to stay with my parents. I've been here 2 weeks and HATE every second of it. My best friend is coming tonight though... she's in Starkville at vet school and has a week off. So I'm hoping this weekend will be better. I think I'll be going home to Texas next week and back to my normal self and schedule.
Good news is I don't have a job so after getting my external hard drive and all my designing stuff unpacked I was able to start on a kit or two. I'm hoping to finish one up this weekend and should have a lil freebie to go with it so check back!! :)

2 comments:

  1. great to have you back!! can't wait for your new kits! sorry to hear about Justin.... (big hug to you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your separation. It's really tough to go through and hopefully this time apart will actually bring you two closer together. Marriage is tough! I will keep you two in my prayers. You seem to be a wonderful, loving person and deserve only the best! Pour yourself into designing and maybe it can turn into your job! :)Take care and please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete